As part of NC LIVE's agreement with ProQuest, NC LIVE member libraries have access to their own instance of Summon. Summon is a discovery service that pulls together all of your library’s collections – including electronic content licensed by NC LIVE, electronic content you license on your own, as well as all of the physical collections represented in your library catalog – into one set of search results. Summon meets the expectations of today’s users by providing your patrons a Google-like search of all your library’s collections.
Sign up for Summon
Please email the NC LIVE Help Desk if you're interested in implementing Summon. We'll just need your library name, contact information, and when you would like to implement.
None at this time
Summon: A Year in Review
March 23, 2022
- Summon's new developments in 2021
- Refreshed look and feel
- PDF Quick Links and additional full text links
- Print Books facet for catalogs
- New Management Tools
Summon Usage Statistics
October 6, 2021
- Basic walk-through of the Summon usage statistics portal
- How to navigate reports and the data displayed in reports
- How to update the date range for reports
Managing your NC LIVE E-Resources: Summon
June 16, 2021
- Subscribing and unsubscribing to NC LIVE e-resources in the Client Center
- The NC LIVE Catalog (SV-)
- How to use the NC LIVE Databases A to Z title list to manage e-resources in Summon
- How to manage Gale Ebooks at the title level in Summon
- Common FAQs
March 24, 2021
- Basic walk through of the Client Center and Summon Administration Console
- Learn how to add accounts, activate new collections and features for your Summon discovery service
- How the Client Center and Summon Admin Console work together to power your Summon service
Customizing Your Summon Instance
June 27, 2019
- Customizing Summon
- Customizing E-Journal Portal
- Customizing 360 Link
NC LIVE Summon Users' Group- Intermediate Level
June 13, 2019
- Tour of Summon Admin Console Advanced
- In-depth Summon Analytics
- Data Optimization by Reviewing Database Details Report
- Review of Business Intelligence Tools
NC LIVE Summon Users' Group- Beginner Level
June 12, 2019
- Tour of Summon front end features
- Tour of Client Center basics
- Common maintnenance tasks
Summon for NC LIVE Public Libraries
January 30, 2019
You’re invited to a webinar to learn about how ProQuest Summon is being used successfully in public libraries. Two North Carolina public librarians, Ruth Ann Copley from Davidson County Public Library and Edward Hirst from Rowan Public Library, will share their experiences using Summon, including:
- The reasons they feel Summon is a valuable tool for their library
- How to add public library-specific resources to Summon (such as Overdrive, Fold3, Flipster, and more)
- How they are promoting Summon to their patrons.
Whether you are already in the midst of implementing Summon, or aren’t sure where to start, this webinar will help you optimize Summon to meet the needs of your patrons. Also, NC Cardinal libraries will hear from Benjamin Murphy at the State Library about how they can launch Summon.
The live session has past, but a recording is available.
Informational Sessions about Summon
Join ProQuest and NC LIVE for a webinar to learn more about Summon and the implementation process. These sessions will cover: an overview of how Summon works, how it will help your library, major steps in the implementation process, frequently asked questions, and open Q&A.
Summon Made Easy
July & August 2018
Ever wanted to hear what ProQuest Summon is like, Librarian-to-Librarian? Come learn about ProQuest Summon, the discovery service available to your library at no cost via NC LIVE. Two North Carolina libraries will be sharing their experiences implementing, promoting and measuring the impact of Summon. Doug Short at Central Piedmont Community College will talk about the implementation experience and Alan Unsworth at Surry County Community College will discuss the impact Summon has had on patrons since implementing in 2014.
The live sessions have past, but a recording is available.