About The Course
This course is designed to provide new and existing library staff with a comprehensive introduction to the resources, services, and professional development opportunities available through NC LIVE. It can be accessed through the Moodle learning management system. All users need to create a Brickyard account to access the course and save their work. The instructions for accessing the course are available below.
Who is this course for?
- an introduction for new employees at our member libraries to what NC LIVE is, what resources we provide to all patrons across the state, and what services we offer
- a valuable refresher for existing employees who may need to review specific services or learn a new skill, such as marketing or analyzing usage statistics
What can you expect to learn?
- the ins and outs of the NC LIVE website
- search across our collection and within specific databases
- match patrons' information needs to our resources
- analyze your library's usage statistics for trends and opportunities
- integrate NC LIVE resources in your library's marketing and outreach
What are the best features of the course?
- at your own pace
- no time limits or deadlines
- immediately applicable to your work
At any point, participants can email Devon Waugh (devon [at] nclive.org (devon[at]nclive[dot]org)) with questions about the course.
1. Go to reporter.ncsu.edu and select Create New Account.
2. Create a Brickyard account with a username and password. This will allow you to save your place in the course. You can find detailed instructions for making a Brickyard account for additional assistance.
After making the account, you will receive an automated confirmation email from brickyard [at] ncsu.edu (brickyard[at]ncsu[dot]edu). Please email devon [at] nclive.org (devon[at]nclive[dot]org) if you do not receive the confirmation email.
3. Go to http://go.ncsu.edu/nclive-orientationcourse to access the course in Moodle. You will login using your new Brickyard account.
4. Enter the enrollment key: ncliveorientation
5. Access the course!
The full instructions for signing up for the course are available to download as a PDF with detailed screenshots.